What are industrial conveyors?
Industrial conveyors come in different designs. The common types of conveyors are roller, belt, overhead conveyors and motorized roller. It is categorized as per the floor or overhead style. It helps creating buffers and delivering products for a production line in a sequence.
What is the use of conveyors?
The conveyors are useful for manufacturing engineers in their production for several reasons such as:
- Deliver products for robot processing or to get the next step products from a robot.
- Moving products from points, thereby avoiding wasted time walking or reducing forklifts movements.
- Carrying too heavy products for team members to lift
- Avoid injury with repetitive movement to workers or to avert damage caused by products movement.
- To move products during working such as a final assembly conveyor.
- It is useful to create an accumulation bank or a buffer as a flexible storage system. It helps between processes of products or acquires balance process flow.
Conveyors are the flexible industrial equipment types. They can improve efficiency, productivity, and safety. NSSPL has affordable solutions in gravity rollers or even in sophisticated or more automated system. A conveyor machine helps in transporting bulk material such as iron ore and gravel.
Conveyors are used to transport bulk material too, like gravel or iron ore.
How to choose conveyors?
Choosing conveyors is important from the different types of conveyors. To begin with:
- Understand the productive role that your system is expected to perform, its storing features, moving parts, so that you provide a proper surface to move.
Next comes constraints. Check if the production environments available space adds productivity. They can get in the way of operations, so be meticulous about the occupying space to accommodate a conveyor machine. They offer the input for next decision that is to use an overhead style or a floor level.
What is a roller conveyor?
A roller conveyor consists of parallel rotating bars facilitating in moving goods to their end destination. It is the conveyor belt type allowing objects to stake on the surface with revolving cylinders in equal spacing. It helps transport stuff using small engines or gravity. The rollers reduce the product inertia and the construction of a roller conveyor ensures various advances when attached to a motor.
The different roller conveyor types features specific design. The metal cylinders are fit such that the component differs in the conveyors types. They include:
- Plastic rollers, the low-cost option. It is ideal for various industries and cleaning is easy and quick. It is best to transport food parcels.
- Rubber coated rollers are appropriate for delicate products that are prone to damage.
- Stainless steel rollers are popular, long lasting, easy to maintain and strong to move heavy duty materials. It is a dependable investment for industries. The stainless steel rollers adaptability is a benefit. It is compatible with any conveyor belt, regardless of how complex or simple the system is, besides stainless steel rollers are adjustable to the workplace needs.
What is a screw conveyor?
A screw conveyor is an industrial equipment useful in transporting granular solids or bulk quantities such as granules, grains, powder, liquids, semi-solids and non-flowing materials. They handle high operational efficiency and eliminate the workers need to move loads manually.
Screw conveyors are useful in transporting bulk materials from any position, horizontal, vertical or incline. A screw conveyor composes of a pipe featuring a welded steel strip. The conveyors consist or rotating screw installed within a trough. The rotation of screw shaft ensures the movement of materials linearly. They are designed to offer the travel paths as required, inclined, vertical, and horizontal.
A screw conveyor handles specific behavior of a material. The materials may be fluidizing, non-free-flowing, abrasive, hazardous or hygroscopic. The products handled may include fertilizers, cereals, ash, animal feeds, cement, gravel, and solid wastes.
Our engineering team has expertise in building, designing and installing conveyor equipment. The equipment type should be bought in consultation with expert manufacturers such as NSSPL. They offer consulting advice for free on different automation equipment and types of conveyors.
How does consultation with NSSPL help?
Consultation with NSSPL helps in the early stages. They show different equipment types such as a roller conveyor, a screw conveyor, talk about the equipment pros and cons. If you do not have time to come personally, it can be online over zoom. They introduce you to the designs available in 3D CAD formats. It is to focus on the best possible types of conveyors coming as low investment and offers most benefits.
NSSPL is aware that a growing business gets complicated while it is running. Material handling challenges withhold from growing faster. Contact us, NSSPL, we have solution for all your questions and we answer every phone call. You can also email and we can help you make an efficient process.