There is a tremendous scope to install & make money in the Cold storage business in Gujarat. If you are from Ahmedabad or any part of Gujarat, and are interested to know more about this business, the following guide will be helpful.
What is cold storage?
Cold storage business in Gujarat is a process in which temperatures higher than freezing are used, so we can speak of conditions between 15º to 2º C. For food to freeze, it has to be subjected to temperatures of -2º C or lower.
How frozen products should be arranged, handled, and stored in Jamnagar is of vital importance for a good service within the hotels or cafeterias belonging to the cold storage. Complying with these good storage practices determines the final quality and shelf life of any product.
Food products that are frozen include a wide variety in Jamnagar. From those that are kept in their fresh states such as fruits, vegetables, juices, meats, seafood, poultry, and fish, or even prepared foods such as bread, ice creams, precooked, among others.
Therefore, in the Cold Storage business in Gujarat, the product storage process will depend on the composition and nature of the food. As well as the care during its selection, handling, and preparation when freezing.
About Cold Logistics and Cold Storage Business in Gujarat:
In Ahmedabad, Cold logistics is made up of various elements, from refrigerators to freezers, including cold storage or the trucks themselves, to the activities necessary. So that a product in question, be it food, health, or pharmaceutical, can be kept at the right temperature.
In the Cold Storage business in Gujarat, it is not enough that there is a cold place in which to store the products, but the entire cold logistics chain has to adapt to the conservation needs: transport, warehouses, sales areas … And, of course, it also does refer to the human factor, which must operate in these complex conditions.
Depending on how long the product must be kept cold, we find two systems:
– Freezing: temperatures are below 0º C (could reach -20º C or -30º C). It is a long-term cold storage method.
– Refrigeration: a short-term mechanism, in which temperatures above 0ºC and below 10ºC are established.
– One of the main challenges in managing the cold chain in Rajkot is getting the temperature to be in the exact range required by each specific product. Not because it gets colder is better, but it must be kept in the correct state, both positive and negative. As a curiosity, it is interesting to note that the most difficult product to transport is chocolate, which has to be at 16ºC.
For this reason, there are 5 large ranges of negative temperature for the maintenance of the products in Cold Storage business in Gujarat:
1. From 0 to -4º C
2. From -4 to -8º C
3. From -8 to -12º C
4. -20º C, for frozen products
5. -30º C, for frozen products
In Gandhinagar cold logistics, a decrease in temperatures is required and, in this way, avoid the growth of agents that can alter the correct state of the product. For this, two systems are differentiated:
– Active cold chain: generates cold and maintains a constant temperature
– Passive cold chain: keep cold, but don’t believe it
Types of cold storage:
– Refers to the process of collecting food that has been frozen to maintain its nutritional and organoleptic properties.
– The required temperatures are 18º C below zero, or even lower.
– Its main objective is to preserve food for long periods.
– Freezing is mostly applied to meat and fish products in Vadodara.
– Unlike frozen storage, this is a process for the preservation of perishable foods, those that must be preserved cold to delay microbial activity.
– Refrigeration is most used in fruits, vegetables, juices, bakery products, etc.
– Refrigeration chambers are used for their storage, in which only products of the same nature must be collected.
– The required temperatures range between 0º and 5ºC.
Temperature as a key factor during storage:
For cold storage to be successful in Surat, a key factor must be considered, which is fundamental to ensure that refrigerated or frozen foods maintain their nutritional qualities.
In Rajkot, one of the factors to consider is the temperature. The effect of temperature is different for each food, but it can be averaged that for every 10º C that is reduced, the process of reproduction of microorganisms is delayed 2 to 3 times. Using a cold and controlled temperature, these reactions are delayed so that the products can last twice as long, and therefore their commercial value increases.
Some foods have a temperature coefficient that increases widely in Vadodara,when they experience conditions close to freezing. For example; fish subjected to a temperature of 0º C or less, are preserved for much longer than if they were subjected to temperatures of 1º C.
While starting Cold Storage Business in Gujarat, it is important to note that cold does not eliminate microorganisms, but rather delays their multiplication, so when the cold storage process is interrupted, bacterial activity resumes.
Recommendations during storage logistics:
– Avoid excess humidity, as it favors the growth of germs.
– Do not store food directly on the floor.
– Transport frozen food in insulated bags or containers that keep it cold.
– Store raw food separately from cooked food.
– Keep perishable foods refrigerated.
In Surat, the cold chain must be maintained throughout the process the food goes through. If the correct temperature is not maintained throughout the process, the food will suffer irreversible consequences.
For the preservation of frozen food, cold storage is the best-known method in Gandhinagar. This is why many companies turn to food freezing and refrigeration. Above all, because they can retain their qualities without major changes, as long as the cold storage is carried out in the indicated way.
Frozen products represent a new and safe option in the food industry. In the same way, they represent a great ally for the Cold Storage business in Gujarat, redefining the eating habits of large communities.
At Natural Storage Solutions Pvt. Ltd., we comply with the temperatures required for the preservation and storage of our products. In addition to having the appropriate refrigeration equipment for the transport of each one of them.
If you are interested in Cold Storage Business in Gujarat, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.